- The WA Cooke Group Ltd – Site Services Division
- North West
- Full-time, Permanent
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title – Mechanical fitter (Waste Water)
Rate of pay subject to skill
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to recent contract awards and rapid business expansion The WA Cooke Group – Site Services Division is openly recruiting for Mechanical Fitter’s with specific experience and knowledge of the wastewater industry. This role is predominantly remote based in the North West, however due to wider frameworks there will be a requirement to work away from home. Experience and knowledge in waste water treatment industry is essential to fulfil this role.
About The WA Cooke Group:
The WA Cooke Group core value is integrity. This value is the back bone of a business that has been in service since 1926. The company maintains its standing within the industry based of this single core value; displaying integrity to clients, customers, suppliers and most importantly employees.
WAC Group have two factories, one in Manchester and a second in Cambridge. Personnel may be required to work out of either site to support customers local to the area.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industry. We have proven expertise in delivering a range of complex projects nationally, and have strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You’ll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
· Hands on experience working in the waste water treatment industry. This includes screening machinery such as escalator screens and CSO screens etc., de-watering units and compactors, grit rakes and machined parts, scraper bridge assemblies, penstocks, valves, and pumps
· Experience working with bearings, coupling, bushes and other high tolerance components
· Full driving license
· Ability to problem solve and diagnose faults on machinery and equipment
· Experience of working within an engineering environment, providing at least a very basic level of safety awareness
· Personal tool kit capable of stripping and rebuild most mechanical components
Wider responsibilities of the role include:
- Working to engineering drawings to a high level of accuracy to ensure components are installed and set out accurately.
- Championing an industry leader on health and safety to ensure The WA Cooke Group continue to set the standard for quality and best practice
- Ensuring your work complies with project documentation
- An ability to manage dynamic change and communicate with the project manager and clients
The role is predominantly a Monday to Friday standard working week; however, there may be occasional requirements to work outside of these hours with advanced notice.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following:
· CSCS green card or EUSR CSCS card as a minimum
- NVQ or apprenticeship (or equivalent experience) completed in a relevant discipline
- Desirable – PASMA, EUSR Water Hygiene, Confined Space, Abrasive Wheels, Manual Handling
- Desirable – Telehandler, MEWP, Slinger Signaller
- A strong commitment to safety
- Competence in the use of a wide range of tools, including power tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Experience working with mechanical equipment, pipework, access steelwork, pumps and gearboxes
- Experience of working in accordance with risk assessments and undertaking point of work risk assessments
- Experience of working at height and with suspended loads
- Experience in reading and working from detailed engineering drawings
- Experience of hands-on mechanical fitting is essential, and applicants must have excellent practical skills and experience
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
Candidates with a variety of levels of experience will be considered and training will be provided as appropriate.
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and potentially abroad these are some of the additional benefits you can expect:
- Regular overtime
- Flexible working during local work
- Company van with power tools
- Training and career development
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Workplace injury insurance
- Regular company functions and team bonding events
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £15.00-£18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North West: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)