W.A Cooke & Sons was established in 1926 by William Allen Cooke. Originally a Blacksmiths on the cobbled high street of Walkden town the majority of our customers were more interested in getting their horses shod than producing heavy steel fabrications, but as the years passed the complexity of the work William and his team undertook increased it wasn’t long before they were working on challenging fabrications for a variety of industries.
While the forge is gone and the anvil gathers dust in the corner W.A Cooke & Sons still works to the same principles it was founded on and to this days remains a family run engineering company.
We now fabricate and machine bespoke engineering products for a range of different industries from small and intricate items through to heavy engineering projects and complete machinery. Our Manchester & Cambridgeshire sites are equally suited for Stainless & Mild steel fabrications and both are ISO:9001 & CE accredited. W.A Cooke & Sons have the in-house facilities to provide high quality engineering services regardless of size or complexity. Our head office is based in Manchester and includes a 17,500 sq ft factory. We also have a 22,000 sq ft factory in Ely, Cambridgeshire and our Site Services division operates nationwide.
There are 3 main divisions within the W.A Cooke & Sons group:
As the original company W.A Cooke & Sons Engineers is responsible for our core business, handling all of our design, steel fabrications, manufacturing and project management services.
W.A Cooke & Sons site services Ltd handles all of our maintenance & refurbishment, structural steel erection, mechanical installation and de-commissioning projects.
The Watermark Projects division is responsible for all of our Industrial Wastewater Treatment projects from initial design, fabrication, site installation to final commissioning we see the whole project through.
For further information visit Watermark Projects site