Category : General
W.A Cooke & Sons are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to work with our Site Services division. See the below for more information on the role.
Overview / Responsibilities
W.A Cooke & Sons (Site Services) Ltd is recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter. This role is predominantly remote, however is based out of the Manchester factory in Worsley. The role requires a large number of days working across the country and direct communication with company customers and other trades.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a wide range of practical mechanical skills, serving the water treatment industry. Including fitting, refurbishment, pipework, surveying and general mechanical maintenance.
- Working to engineering drawings to a high level of accuracy to ensure components are installed and set out accurately.
- Working safely, in accordance with risk assessments and permit to work systems
- Ensuring your work complies with project documentation
- Completion of tasks to time, cost and quality to meet both internal and external customer requirements
- Safety should always be the first priority for any tasks undertaken.
The role is predominantly a Monday to Friday standard working week; however, there may be occasional requirements to work outside of these hours with advanced notice.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following:
- CSCS green card as a minimum
- NVQ or apprenticeship (or equivalent experience) completed in a relevant discipline
- Desirable – PASMA, EUSR Water Hygiene, Confined Space, Abrasive Wheels, Manual Handling
- Desirable – Telehandler, MEWP, Slinger Signaller
- A strong commitment to safety
- Competence in the use of a wide range of tools, including power tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Experience working with mechanical equipment, pipework, access steelwork, pumps and gearboxes
- Experience of working in accordance with risk assessments and undertaking point of work risk assessments
- Experience of working at height and with suspended loads
- Experience in reading and working from detailed engineering drawings
- Experience of hands-on mechanical fitting is essential, and applicants must have excellent practical skills and experience
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
Candidates with a variety of levels of experience will be considered and training will be provided as appropriate.
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and potentially abroad these are some of the additional benefits you can expect:
- Regular overtime
- Flexible working during local work
- Company van with tools
- Training and career development
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Workplace injury insurance